Welcome! This blog is for fans of the 'Nearly Insane' quilt created in the 1870's by Salinda Rupp. If you would like to purchase a copy of the book by Liz Lois with the patterns, check with your local quilt store, or visit the Nearly Insane website.

If you would like to contribute to this blog, leave a comment and we can get back to you with permissions.

Monday, October 5, 2015

My Nearly Insane Journey is over!

After 5 years in the making with quite a bit of down time I have finally finished my quilt. I had it machine quilted by Judi Schon for those who live in Auckland New Zealand. Unfortunately the photos don't do justice to the quilting, but I am really pleased with it, and happy to have it finally finished.

If you click on the photos it will enlarge them. 
Thanks for looking
Sue








4 comments:

Ann said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful. Five years seems to be the magic number for these quilts.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I am finally starting off on my journey. I have my fabric selected and plan to foundation paper piece it as much as I can! I will be using Quilt Assistant free software to draft my templates.

Julie said...

Wow - what an heirloom piece this is. Well done.

Andy Wiginton said...

Does anybody have the foundation paper patterns or just the book? I know this is an old thread but I’m looking for a CD or someone willing to share the foundations with me......