Welcome! This blog is for fans of the 'Nearly Insane' quilt created in the 1870's by Salinda Rupp. If you would like to purchase a copy of the book by Liz Lois with the patterns, check with your local quilt store, or visit the Nearly Insane website.

If you would like to contribute to this blog, leave a comment and we can get back to you with permissions.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Block 88 & 97 - Tazzie

Here are two blocks I made recently (but not in the past week) and for whatever reason didn't get around to posting.

This is block 88 - a very cute one with a little needle turn applique thrown in for good measure. It will be interesting to see if there is enough contrast between the light fabric and the sashing strips. I won't be changing the block in any case :-)

And this is block 97 - it's a nice easy one. I just love that seashell fabric. I've had it for a very long time, it's from the Ann Robinson collection, and must be at least 10 years old - probably more. I see that Patchwork Rose has used it in a couple of her blocks too. Super fun!

We seem to have lost a couple of girls along the way here. I definitely know life can get in the way and stitching can take a back seat. Please check in and let us know how you're doing. Thinking of you! xox

2 comments:

Ann said...

I'm still here! In the middle of another Nearly Insane block but trying to finish a baby quilt (the baby is due in a week!).

Now I'm trying to decide if I can avoid doing applique on #88's basket handle - I really don't enjoy applique! Maybe I'll substitute a straight pieced handle instead.

Barbara said...

If you go to my blog you'll see the quilt I need to finish before I can get back to N.I. Once I've finished this for my youngest daughter's uni graduation, I am going to use my summer school vacation to push ahead with the N.I. I hope! Hello to everyone anyway!