Welcome! This blog is for fans of the 'Nearly Insane' quilt created in the 1870's by Salinda Rupp. If you would like to purchase a copy of the book by Liz Lois with the patterns, check with your local quilt store, or visit the Nearly Insane website.

If you would like to contribute to this blog, leave a comment and we can get back to you with permissions.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Blocks 24 & 81 - Tazzie

I've been so inspired seeing the NI Yahoo Group blocks being posted, as well as the lovely work that we're seeing here, that I finally got my act together and stitched up a couple of blocks.

This is block 24 that I just finished this evening. The brick red fabric in the flying geese units came from a Moda scrap bag, what a lucky find! And the print with the shells I have had for the very longest time - probably ten years. It's a favourite.

And here is block 81 which I finished during the week. It's fun seeing the gaps closing in my list of completed blocks. I think my finished total is 67 now.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Lovely blocks! They always look so perfect!
Kristie

Barbara said...

Yes, I agree with Kristie - they do always look perfect. It doesn't matter how busy you are, you seem to manage to turn these out. I finished the big quilt I was making but went to a craft fair and now have several Christmas embroideries to do before the event. I've even added to my Insane fabrics but can't seem to find the time to do a block. Not giving up, though...

PatchworkRose said...

That Shell fabric is a favourite of mine too. Looks great in that block which BTW looks so totally different to mine.
Have a great week
Cheers
Lynne