Welcome! This blog is for fans of the 'Nearly Insane' quilt created in the 1870's by Salinda Rupp. If you would like to purchase a copy of the book by Liz Lois with the patterns, check with your local quilt store, or visit the Nearly Insane website.

If you would like to contribute to this blog, leave a comment and we can get back to you with permissions.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Block 11 - Tazzie

Another very cute one - block 11. I made this one just before Easter, watching a cute movie with Miss Amy.

I really wanted to foundation piece it all, but puzzled over it for a little while. Then I realised that if I made up the four patch in the centre first, positioned it carefully, then I could foundation piece the balance of the block. Mind bending!

While you're reading this, according to my schedule, Linda and I are visiting with our wonderful friend Donna in Fulsom CA. I know we'll be having a blast together!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I did this one the same way but I didn't get my four-patch positioned as accurately as yours!

Ann said...

I've used the same process for several blocks also, and am getting better. I've taken an instructor's advice from a miniature class and used basting stitches to place those sections.