Welcome! This blog is for fans of the 'Nearly Insane' quilt created in the 1870's by Salinda Rupp. If you would like to purchase a copy of the book by Liz Lois with the patterns, check with your local quilt store, or visit the Nearly Insane website.

If you would like to contribute to this blog, leave a comment and we can get back to you with permissions.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Block 7 - Tazzie

Here is my block 7. I'm having fun cramming as many different fabrics into each block as I can. Using up scraps left over from my DJ quilt is great - each piece has memories for me. And using my new fabrics is wonderful too :-)

I've made a few blocks over the past week or so. I'll set them up to post over the first week while I'm away. I haven't made enough to last for my whole vacation. I don't think I'll be taking my book with me to make any while I'm away either.

I'd like to make up block 12 before I go. When that one is done I'll have made up blocks 1 through 14 as well as all the other random blocks.

And while I think of it, please send your encouragement and thoughts to our good friend Barbara. We haven't heard from her in a little while because she's battling with block number 18 - it's a real toughie. I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts Barbara, you can do it!! xox

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Thanks Tazzie!
I've also got heavily involved with researching my family tree - as addictive as quilting. Block 18, however, is one little strip of triangles away from a finish. I do appreciate the encouragement as it was an obstacle and I was too mulishly stubborn to hop over it... Looking forward to hearing about your trip when you return, xx