Welcome! This blog is for fans of the 'Nearly Insane' quilt created in the 1870's by Salinda Rupp. If you would like to purchase a copy of the book by Liz Lois with the patterns, check with your local quilt store, or visit the Nearly Insane website.

If you would like to contribute to this blog, leave a comment and we can get back to you with permissions.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Another row added - Tazzie

Last night I added another row to my Nearly Insane quilt. You can see that three of the corner blocks are in place, so I'm more than half way with the top now. (As long as you don't include the inner and outer border!)

Here is the full view of where I'm at ... hard to get a good shot of this ... the quilt is going to be a big girl!

And here's one a little closer, you can see some of the blocks a little better :-)

I was so excited to get this row in place last night that I made so many rookie errors while doing the stitching. I really think I did more 'unsewing' than sewing. Seriously! And I was so into it that I lost track of time - I was jolted into reality when Marty came into the sewing room at 1.15am and asked if I would be thinking about sleeping anytime soon ... Ooops!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Yummy!! It looks fabulous and I love the sashing Tazzie. What fabric did you use, and how much did you buy for it.
Cheers
Sue

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous...can't wait to see it when it is completed!

Beautiful work....

Hugs

Elaine in SLO,Ca

Ann said...

It looks great! It's hard to visualize the overall effect when we spend so much time on the individual blocks.

PatchworkRose said...

Stunning Tara
I need to start putting mine together. You are urging me on :-)
Have a great cool weekend
Cheers
Lynne