Welcome! This blog is for fans of the 'Nearly Insane' quilt created in the 1870's by Salinda Rupp. If you would like to purchase a copy of the book by Liz Lois with the patterns, check with your local quilt store, or visit the Nearly Insane website.

If you would like to contribute to this blog, leave a comment and we can get back to you with permissions.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Blocks 68 & 72 - Tazzie

Just so you know I haven't been slacking off ;-) here are my two latest Nearly Insane blocks.

This is block 72 - I made it late-ish last night. It was late when I took the picture, and I'm declaring that the hour was the reason for the blurry picture - nothing to do with the camera operator *lol* I was able to use some of my skinny leftover strips for this block. With the tiny pieces, nothing is wasted, that's for sure!

And here is block 68 - I made it on Friday, but haven't showed it off yet. Another one that has used the tiniest of pieces.

I had a couple of questions from people I wasn't able to personally email back to - mostly asking about the size of the blocks. They're six inch blocks - and can be quite time consuming for such small blocks, but very rewarding.

Now I only have 14 blocks left to make. I'll try and make another tonight. I'm already thinking ahead to how I'll quilt it, this is such fun! :-)

No comments: