Welcome! This blog is for fans of the 'Nearly Insane' quilt created in the 1870's by Salinda Rupp. If you would like to purchase a copy of the book by Liz Lois with the patterns, check with your local quilt store, or visit the Nearly Insane website.

If you would like to contribute to this blog, leave a comment and we can get back to you with permissions.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Block 44 - Tazzie

Oh my goodness, do I feel a sense of accomplishment tonight? Yes, definitely yes! I've completed block 44 of my Nearly Insane quilt. It's a toughie, and I'd wager possibly one of the toughest in the quilt.

Those little stars in the block measure 2.5" finished, so you can imagine how fiddly all those inset seams are. I think larger versions of these stars will be a breeze from now on!

You know what's funny? In my picture, you can see some of the light fabric triangle sections and a couple of squares are brighter than other areas ... I didn't remember to pull all the freezer paper pieces from the back before I took the picture, and you can see the dark table surface through the other areas. Duh!

Not sure what block I'll tackle next - there are only 13 to go now :-)

1 comment:

PatchworkRose said...

Tara all I can say is WOW. This is one of the blocks I have been avoiding. Great Job I can see why I have been avoiding it though ;-)
Enjoy Valentines day
Cheers
Lynne