Welcome! This blog is for fans of the 'Nearly Insane' quilt created in the 1870's by Salinda Rupp. If you would like to purchase a copy of the book by Liz Lois with the patterns, check with your local quilt store, or visit the Nearly Insane website.

If you would like to contribute to this blog, leave a comment and we can get back to you with permissions.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Block 2 ~ Kristie

Hello my name is Kristie, and I have decided to join Tazzie! So here is a little background information on my NI. I started mine a year or so ago and only have 16 or 17 blocks finished. At that time I was working on the Civil War Diary Quilt, Civil War Love Letters, Dear Jane and the Nearly Insane! Honestly it was just too much for me at the time, these are all long-term projects. So now I have all of the blocks for the CWLL finished and only need to add the borders, I have 70/121 blocks of the CWDQ finished and 30+ blocks of the DJ. Hubby keeps wanting me to finished the NI so here I am joining Tazzie and I am going to try to get these blocks finished.

Here is my BLOCK #2. So far I have paper-pieced all of these blocks. I really enjoy paper-piecing and find that it is easier for me to use this method when making these small blocks. I am doing my quilt in BLUES.
Have a wonderful day!
Kristie

1 comment:

Tazzie said...

Just gorgeous Kristie, I love your fabric choices, it's amazing how one block can look entirely different when the fabrics are changed out.

Thank you so much for joining in with me. It is going to be so much fun playing along together!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)