Welcome! This blog is for fans of the 'Nearly Insane' quilt created in the 1870's by Salinda Rupp. If you would like to purchase a copy of the book by Liz Lois with the patterns, check with your local quilt store, or visit the Nearly Insane website.

If you would like to contribute to this blog, leave a comment and we can get back to you with permissions.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Block 29 - Tazzie

I've just got it in under the wire. This is Block 29 - and it's this week's challenge block on the Nearly Insane Yahoo Group. Stitching time has been scarce for me this past week, so I'm going to try and make up for lost time on this long weekend.

I'm really pleased with how the block went together, and I've been able to use some favourite little scraps of fabric.

The white print is from the tiniest piece I had left over when making my 'Starstruck in Paducah' quilt. You know, there was so little of that fabric that I had to sew scraps together to make up some of the components of the blocks, and substitute some fabric also. I was being very frugal indeed. I think I may have around 2in square left. I'll find a home for it :-)

And the navy blue was a little piece from the strips that made up a scrap quilt I put together recently. I still have a chunk of it left, but it pleases me to use the tiny bits too.

I have three days left in which I'd like to pin two quilts, quilt one of those quilts, and if I get the chance, I'd like to have a go at remaking Block 8. I feel sure I can do a better job ... I just need to psyche myself up ...

Late Edit: There was an oops in the database, so this block isn't actually the challenge for this week. The challenge block is actually #38. I really hope to have it made in time for the deadline. If not, there's always next week!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I can see you intend to make the most of your three days - hope you have a thoroughly good time. I really like that little white flower print. x