Welcome! This blog is for fans of the 'Nearly Insane' quilt created in the 1870's by Salinda Rupp. If you would like to purchase a copy of the book by Liz Lois with the patterns, check with your local quilt store, or visit the Nearly Insane website.

If you would like to contribute to this blog, leave a comment and we can get back to you with permissions.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My First Two Blocks

Hello, I am Sarah and I just started my Nearly Insane quilt. I am using the shirting lines from Renee Nanneman called Isty Bits. There are several collections and I just bought them all because I couldn't decide.This is Block #1.


This is block #2 - I did this one first, but it didn't come out the right size. It is like 3/4 inch short, Oops.


This is my block #2 redo - This one is the right size. Amazing what a small error will cause in such a small block. I now always measure after each additional piece.

2 comments:

Tazzie said...

How fun to see your new blocks Sarah. You've made them up beautifully. I look forward to getting to know you and seeing you progress.
Welcome!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Ann said...

Welcome Sarah! I've just started also, and find that I'm learning something with just about every block. I love seeing everyone's fabric choices!